Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Good Day

The dogs let me sleep 'late' -- I got up at 7:00 a.m.

The sun had already been up for awhile. After taking care of some inside the house chores, Eddie, Max and I headed outside and were greated with 41 degrees of sunshine. Followed the usual morning ritual of throwing the tennis balls and poop patrol (don't ask), I split some firewood. Pulled out the chainsaw, and cut some more cherry and heritage oak, for rough turning bowl blanks in the shop.

This was the first time this year that I could work in the shop with the overhead door open. Without the pressure of needing to create inventory for an upcoming show, I could spend some time focusing on shapes and refining some cuts.

Later in the afternoon, a few more sessions of tennis ball throwing, more firewood splitting, a little yard work on the blackberry bushes that tend to creap and take over the yard, and finished up with a couple hours of spoon carving.

That's my definition of a pretty good day.

No comments: